One of my absolute favourite recipes, really healthy and so yummy.
Recipe shamelessly copied and stolen from Julie S- Thanks!
1lb 12oz/794g Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and chopped
Salt and black pepper
7oz/198g carrots, peeled and finely chopped
3½oz/100g green beans, trimmed and finely chopped
3½oz/100g courgettes, finely chopped
3½oz/100g celeriac, peeled and finely chopped
10oz/283g lean bacon, all visible fat removed, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
4 tsp dried parsley
7oz/198g fat-free cottage cheese with onion and chives
1lb 2oz/511g ham, all visible fat removed, finely chopped
3½oz/100g frozen peas
4oz/113g parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat your oven to 180c/350f/GM4. Boil the potatoes for 20-25 minutes or until tender, drain well, season and mash.
2. Meanwhile, boil the carrots, beans, courgettes and celeriac for 3-4 minutes, drain and set aside. Place a frying pan sprayed with fry light over a medium-high heat. Stir fry the bacon for 7-8 minutes. Add the onion, fry for 3-4 minutes and then set aside.
3. Whisk the eggs, parsley and cottage cheese together. Add to the mash. Add the cooked veg, bacon and onion, ham and peas.
4. Spray a medium-size pie dish with fry light. Add the potato mixture, sprinkle over the cheese and bake for 35-45 minutes.
Syns per serving: Extra Easy FREE*
* Add 6 syns if not using the cheese as a Healthy Extra