Wednesday 2 November 2011

Cheesy Bacon Pancakes

This is a Schwartz recipe. You'll find I quite like them, they have lots of good inspiration on their website and I'm sorry to admit I quite like their packet mixes, yes I am perfectly capable of making my own and know that I should but sometimes it's just quicker and easier to use one and it's much better than getting a ready meal in! I'll put the recipe below and then underneath I'll put how I change it!

1 packet Schwartz Cheddar Cheese Sauce Mix
300ml (½ pint) milk
25g (1oz) butter
225g (8oz) unsmoked back bacon
1 tbs olive oil
225g (8oz) button mushrooms, sliced
1 tbs Schwartz Oregano
6-8 ready made savoury pancakes
2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
mixed salad to serve
Schwartz Black Pepper to season

Method

Make up the Cheddar Cheese Sauce, following the packet instructions.

Meanwhile, grill the bacon until crisp and then chop into small pieces. Stir the bacon into the sauce. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the mushrooms with the Oregano for a few minutes until browned. Add to the sauce.

Spoon the sauce into the centre of the pancakes and roll them up. Place the pancakes in an ovenproof dish and then scatter the tomatoes on top and grill for 10 minutes.

Serve with a side salad and season with Black Pepper.


Well I don't use the tomatoes on top - instead I usually put on a tomato sauce, last time I just mixed a tin of tomatoes and some garlic salt and herbs and poured it over, previously I've bunged a little jar of pizza topper over or something like that, depending what I've got in.

I usually put a little bit of cheese on top of it all just to melt.

I usually use Italian or mixed herbs instead of oregano

Oh and I don't serve with a salad, more likely to do sweetcorn or something with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment