Saturday 12 January 2013

Spanish Omelette

I did Spanish omelette for the first time today- I've not really had the right tools before- I.e a pan that goes under the grill and one non stick enough to be able to get it out after!

I did it from a BBC good food recipe- but we have run out of leeks so I replaced with bacon. It's one of those fab things that you can do whatever you want with them though

Ingredients
butter , for frying
1 leek , thinly sliced
225g potatoes cooked and cooled (about 1-2 medium size ones)
6 eggs
85g cheddar
1 tbsp sage , finely chopped (or 1 tsp dried sage), optional


Melt a knob of butter in a medium, nonstick frying pan, then cook the leek for about 5 mins until softened. Meanwhile, cut the potatoes in half, then into slices about ½cm thick. Beat the eggs, season, then stir in the cheese and sage.
Add a little extra butter to the pan if needed, tip in the potatoes, then the egg mixture. Turn the heat to low, then cook for 10 mins until nearly set. Place under a hot grill, then cook for a couple of mins more until the top is set and golden. Slice into wedges and serve with a green salad.




* I have to say I added plenty of pepper
And would probably use stronger cheese next time or more of it but it was yummy all the same. I had mine with some sweet chilli sauce and Ethan and Shaun had theirs with ketchup. Perfect for Saturday dinner time



No comments:

Post a Comment